Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What's a girl got to do?

Dedication in East of Eden

Dedication from The Little Prince


I have two favorite books: The Little Prince and East of Eden (I'll admit I stole that one from Emily James but I love it now).

One of my most favorite parts of each of those books is the dedication. They both reflect such love and respect for the person they are dedicating the book to. I want someone to dedicate me a book!! I want someone to appreciate my friendship so much that they include me in their book. Hell I would love it if someone fell in love with me and then dedicated a book to me! At this point I'd take damn near any dedication.Even if it just said " To Nat, the most annoying friend I've ever had." I'd shed some tears over that. Seriously.

What's a girl got to do?? Should I make more english major friends/journalism friends/ writer friends?? Should I marry a writer??? Although I can already tell you our personalities won't match. What's the best way to be on someone's dedication page??


No comments:

Post a Comment