Monday, March 8, 2010

Bring Money



Today the weather was great and when the weather is great I hate to have to be stuck inside all day. I want to be outside laying on a blanket, or reading, or walking or exploring. Time wasn't going fast enough. When 5 o'clock hit I jumped up a little too eagerly, I needed to get out of the office and breathe! So I went exploring. I stopped by my favorite burger place and picked up my favorite shake and resumed my walking. Pretty soon I found myself outside of a used book store that I immediately fell in love with. I walked in and saw more books stacked in one place than I had ever seen. Old books with yellow pages, new books with crisp white pages, kids books, language books, you name it. It was there.



I met the owner. Our conversation went like this-

" I love this store, do you read a lot?"
" No, I look for books, find books, I buy books, pick people's boogers out of them and then I try and sell them."
"Oh?! So you own a bookstore and don't read?"
"Young lady, I didn't say I didn't read. I just don't read a lot."

This old man was kind of cranky but he was hilarious. He explained to me that I had ten minutes to explore three floors so I better get going. I wanted to take his picture but I'm sure he would not have let me.

"Well, you have a good night. I love your bookstore! I'll be back!"
"Bring money."
AHAHAHAHAHA. He really said that!!

1 comment:

  1. Nat! I love it!! I might be moving to Boston this year, and girl, if I do, you'd better believe I'm gonna come down there and visit! Ps love the old man, what a great personality!

    ReplyDelete