Thursday, May 28, 2009

We've Got Roses!





My new favorite place in the world is my own lawn outside. Who would have thought? After all this trouble with it this year including the fact that it flooded everyday and that it was dead at one point. Housing Holly (the landlord) gets the lawn mowed every week or so and I love it. I just recently walked outside and was amazed because it seems like overnight we got two wonderful rose bushes. A beautiful pink one and a gorgeous yellow one. Yesterday I laid outside and read and stared at them for about two hours all by myself. When I finally got up I felt so relaxed and so content there was nothing I would rather be doing. Maybe I am thinking about it too much but they are a constant reminder to me that I should be more aware of the little things and that I should always take the time out to enjoy the things that can easily slip by unnoticed. How many times had I walked by my own lawn and never noticed the growing bulbs? I plan on spending as much time reading next to them as I can.

P.S. Yes I did take the cute pink rose picture. Move over Shanna. There is a new photog in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment