Monday, May 18, 2009

A Weekend in Vegas





So there was a YSA conference in Vegas and my roommate Shanna and I went down just to relax and hang out. I love going to Vegas with Shanna. The weather was great and I really just took the time to chill back and relax. This conference could not have come at a better time for me. Getting away is always the best remedy for everything no matter what it is. Anyway, the best day had to be Friday. Shanna, Heather (Shanna's twin sister), and I drove out to lake Mead in search of a beach area to swim in. Couldn't find it. We went to try and rent wave runners. Sold out. So we improvised. Naturally the next step would be to rent a powerboat. SO WE DID!! It was amazing!! We drove it around lake Mead as fast as we could ( turns out 4500 rpm is the fastest) and found a cove and then parked it and swam around for a couple hours.It was just what I needed. Sadly I do not have any pictures from Friday but I took others to make up for it. We did tons. We ate at two of my most favorite places, In-n-out and Cheesecake Factory. I tried a new cheesecake this time. The banana cream one. It was worth it. We swam in some person's . pool with the waterfall. I was slightly disappointed we didn't sneak into the Marriott but his waterfall made it almost ok. There was a fireworks show on Saturday night that enjoyed tons. I love fireworks. What else?? Oh, well I finished my book I was reading called A Life Backwards. It took me a while to get into it the first time I tried but over the weekend I read and read and when I got to the end I cried my eyes out. I am convinced that had Shanna not been sitting next to me when I finished I would have reread the ending and cried longer but.... I was embarassed.





P.S. Since I am a geology expert now (I got an A-) I included a picture of the scenery on the ride home. I have a new found love for earth . I never really believed when teachers said that earth was a living breathing thing until geology 1010. You might not think it's beautiful. But I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment