Saturday, February 20, 2010

Kids

I'm not ready for them. All President's weekend I hung out with my youngest sister Mia. It was great I love her and she loves me. Everything was going good until Sunday morning when they brought Mia to me because she wasn't participating in Primary. I started talking to her and decided that I would just take her to relief society with me. Needless to say that as I picked her up and started walking this girl THREW UP all up and down my back. Now see my first reaction was to throw her off of me but then I just resigned myself to my fate and stood there and just let her throw up on my back and down my coat. If that's not love I don't know what love is. When she was done and I was smelling like crap I ran us into the bathroom and I set her down next to the toilet and I said if you need to throw up do it in there and than I ran to the sink and washed my hands. The conversation went a little something like this.

Nat: Mia(Gag) wash(gag) your (gag) hands (gag) ok?
I mean I could barely breathe I was gagging so bad I thought I was going to throw up myself.
Mia( who was no longer sick, miraculously): Naty!
Nat: (gag) What ? (gag)
Mia (Standing at the toilet): I don't know how to do this....
Nat: Girl me either! ( and yes I called her girl) Ok Mia you wait here. I'll be back. I'm going to clean up the throw up in the hallway.
Mia: Ok

I walk into the hallway and two seconds later I hear this horrible screaming from the bathroom. I run back in there all scared, " Mia! What?! What's wrong."
"I missed you."

I know other people would have been touched to hear this sentence but I was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Here I was trying to clean up throw up and hold her hand at the same time. I had to drive home. What if she threw up in the backseat, who was going to take care of her, would I have to pull over, who was going to make sure my siblings got home. And the whole time I just wanted to know...which dry cleaner is going to clean my coat on a Sunday!!!???

All this to show I'm not ready for kids nor all the time they require anytime soon. I need some me time and lots of it!


The culprit on Sunday morning before "The Incident"




I still love her though.





1 comment: