Monday, May 2, 2011

The Daughter of Jairus

I went to FHE for the first time in about a year and a half. I just so happened to be standing by my door when my friend Annaliese walked by and told me they were going to the Carl Bloch exhibit at BYU. Literally, 8 minutes later I was on BYU campus walking into the museum. I cannot explain how good I felt about life walking around that exhibit. I felt the spirit there so strong. I ended up wishing that I had my journal with me so that I could have walked around and jotted down a few thoughts as I looked at the artwork. Now, usually I am not the kind of person that is touched by art. It's just not my kind of medium. Music, books, scriptures- those kinds of things work better for me than art. However, I fell in love with one painting. I sat there and stared at it for 20 minutes. I'd walk around and look at other pictures but I always came back to it. Hell, I even started crying a little bit. I loved it so much! The painting was called The Daughter of Jairus and I thought I'd share it with the blog world.





I love this painting because the scene depicted is before the miracle even takes place. You can see it in Jairus' face that she is suffering so much. She's been sitting there taking care of her daughter for a long time and her daughter finally has died. My most favorite part about this painting is Jesus standing at the door. He is about to come and and perform his miracle and comfort Jairus and do all the good things he has promised us. I can't imagine the amount of happiness that Jairus must have felt when she saw her daughter awaken. I have felt happy and I know what happiness is but I can't even imagine the amount of love/happiness/gratefulness one person could feel after something like that happens to them. This painting makes me feel loved and I've decided that when I get my own house and own space I will definitely hang this up somewhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment