Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Cardinal Nation

A couple things have happened since I last posted and it's probably going to take more than one post for me to catch everyone up! I figured I would start with a small recap of last weekend one post at a time.

Stephen has left the state of Utah!  Although it's sad to see him go, I'm very proud of him for starting his last two years of school EVER. Lucky him.  It took us 21 hours to get to St. Louis where we spent the first leg of the road trip! Our good friend Will flew into St. Louis to meet us and we spent the next day exploring the town. Luckily all three of us had been to St. Louis before so we kind of just wanted to catch up on things we had missed.   Stephen always tells me to make a list of the things I want to do when we go somewhere and on my list at the very top I had: GO TO CARDINALS GAME.  I LOVE baseball games. I just always have so much fun at them. I don't have one particular team I go for but if someone gets all up in my business I usually say my fav team is the Giants but that's based solely on the fact that I've been to more of their games than any other team. Plus, they were the first baseball game I ever went to. They have a special spot in my heart. Anyway, Erica bleeds RED. She is a cardinal everything kind of girl. There's only one other person I know who goes for their team as much as Erica goes for hers. I ended up wearing a Cardinals ball cap to the game not only because I wanted to show support but I felt that it was my moral obligation. Erica wouldn't have it any other way.

Every visit gets better and better!

Add caption

love the arch in the field!








My boys and vacation partners!

awwwww <3
Back to the point-we woke up the next morning and hit the town early! We went to the St. Louis zoo, which is absolutely free ( I've decided that a big determining factor to where I move is whether the zoo is free or not, more on that later.)! We stopped by the arch, which you can't miss anyway. We went to the downtown area called The Loop. We stopped by the LDS temple. We hit the game. When we made it back home that night, Erica's mom had a feast all laid out for us.  Life was good that day and the weather was even better! I LOVE humidity. I think I don't love it until I get to states where it's 85 and humid and instead of hating it, I bask in it. To me, that's perfect weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment